This is an excellent opportunity to combine your trade finance knowledge and experience in liaising with medium and large-sized corporates.
We are looking for a candidate who is open minded and be able to establish relationships with large counterparts and develop supply chain and e-commerce financing solutions.
Additionally, you will have the capacity to independently and proactively manage your own time and workflow. Team members who can dynamically and creatively solve problems of clients will find great success in this role. Similarly, the ability to challenge traditional preconceptions of finance will adapt quickly to our innovative approach and thrive in the fast-paced FinTech environment.
Velotrade’s success is built on the constructive feedback of its team and as such all are encouraged and empowered to affect real change on our business.
- Proactively and independently identify new business opportunities appropriate for Velotrade’s financing products
- Complete a business case for Credit Approval and consideration of our Investors.
- This will involve clear and concise two-way communication with clients and internal stakeholders
- Have a robust understanding of financial data and its affect on risk.
- Understand the advantages and limitations of cross-border trading and how this affects the extension of credit
- Manage a growing portfolio of client relationships. This will include monitoring the appropriate ongoing allocation of financing and protecting Velotrade’s interests
- Degree holder
- 5+ years’ Trade Finance and Factoring experience or with B2B Supplier Payments background are also welcomed
- Have excellent communication skills who’s not afraid to express new ideas
- Good English Communication skills, Fluency in Chinese and Mandarin is a plus
- Able to demonstrate stability of employment: we value commitment and long-term employment
- Corporate relationships with medium to large companies with an international focus
- Candidates with less experience will be considered
- Product & Market Knowledge Training
- 15 days paid annual leave plus all general HK holidays
- MPF & Health Insurance
- Competitive basic salary plus great incentive plan
Velotrade is a fast growing FinTech start-up based in Hong Kong which facilitates suppliers and professional investors to trade receivables via an online exchange platform to provide working capital for suppliers and enhancing financial yield for investors. Velotrade is licensed by Hong Kong’s Securities and Futures Commission and is the first and yet the only trade finance platform to obtain such a licence.
Located in Hong Kong’s Cyberport, Velotrade is part of an innovative digital community of over 1,000 tech companies. Cyberport’s Smart-Space community has state-of-the art connectivity and facilities to support start-up growth.
Daily shuttle bus service is available to and from Cyberport at several locations such as Mei Foo, Tai Wai, Olympic, Kowloon Tong, Hang Hau, Lam Tin, and Sheung Wan.
Our team comprises of local and international talents.