As the only homegrown Hong Kong fintech to receive a virtual banking license, we aim to reinvent and redefine the banking experience by building a bank we love.
We are an energetic and passionate team that can deliver and execute. We are looking for other intellectually curious, open-minded and smart-working individuals who are just as passionate as we are about making financial services enjoyable. Now you have the opportunity to join us on our journey to achieve our vision and be part of building a better financial future for everyone.
- You're a go-getter with mad juggling skills (or multiple hats) who can thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- You have a strong thirst for knowledge and are driven to find solutions that don't exist yet
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and extremely resourceful (in your past life you could've been a detective)
- You always find a way to get things done without sacrificing the quality of your work, integrity and values. No task is off limits for you.
- You are humble and prioritize the success of the team over your own with an eagerness to help those around you
- You don't shy away from challenges and have the ability to bounce back from setbacks
What you’ll do and what success looks like in this role
- Manage and operate our databases supporting our application and infrastructure team to keep our systems running in tip top shape
- Work on database tasks related to database design, installation, configuration, performance, backup/restore and ongoing maintenance
- Utilise your database skills to optimize monitoring, reliability and performance of databases powering our 24 x 7 banking services
- Assist the applications team on database related questions, ensure smooth delivery of the database components into production
- Work with the data team and participate in database design, configuration, and implementation
- Acquire knowledge and become database SME on different database technologies (MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Manage database scheduled events, e.g. index optimizations, data housekeeping, data partitioning
- Manage data resilience on backup/restore strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or engineering
- 5+ years of working on different databases in production
- Proficient in writing SQL
- Be able to understand SQL execution plan and correlate different monitoring metrics to troubleshoot database issues
- Solid understanding and practice on database security design and management
- Experience in administration of one of the following databases (MS SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in working with AWS RDS services
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development stipend, because we value lifelong learning and believe the best way to invest in our employees is to encourage them to continue to learn
- Work hard and laugh lots (chicken wings and french toast, etc.) with a high-performing, fun and diverse team
- Weekly afternoon teas and fully stocked fridge
- Coffee stipend
- Conveniently located office surrounded by diverse and delicious lunch options
- Lively office with gaming consoles and a ping pong table
- Fun extracurricular activities with your colleagues like hiking, yoga, badminton, wine tasting, dragon boat racing, rock climbing, etc.
- Employee referral bonuses
We offer competitive salary package to the successful candidate. If you are interested in joining this exciting team, please submit your resume to us via the button “Apply Now” below.All information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed within 12 months of receipt.
WeLab is a leading fintech company in Asia, which operates one of first licensed digital banks in Asia – WeLab Bank, as well as multiple leading online financial services businesses including WeLend and WeLab Bank in Hong Kong, WeLab Digital (我来数科), Taoxinji (淘新机), Wallet Gugu (钱夹谷谷) and Tianmian Tech (天冕科技) in Mainland China and Maucash in Indonesia. WeLab aims to bring joy to everyone’s financial journey. We strive to improve people’s lives by reinventing financial services through game-changing technology. We put our people first, whether it’s our customers or our employees.