If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Its sector-focused Banking relationship managers provide a single coverage point for multi-national clients. With its global capabilities and footprint, vast expertise and local knowledge, the Banking teams connect clients to the products and services that meet their global financial needs.
The team is currently seeking a high calibre professional to join the team as a Senior Vice President – Senior Product Manager – HSBC Global Payments Solutions.
- Global product ownership
- Be responsible for the emerging payments and settlement services product portfolio and develop digital currencies and assets propositions
- Value proposition development
- Identify and evaluate market trend in emerging payments and digital currencies & asset opportunities and develop a strategy to realize such opportunities
- New product development and roll out
- Develop and commercialize emerging payments and digital currencies & asset propositions with evolving technologies
- Customer and deal solutioning
- Lead product solutioning for specific Request for Proposals and bespoke client requirements
- Regulators engagement
- Support internal teams and external market participants, including regulators, in relation to consultation, proof-of-concept projects, pilots, and other industry collaborations
- Risk Management and product reviews
- Assess and address inherent and residue risks of new emerging payments and digital currencies & assets products
- Marketing and though-leadership
- Create and respond to media or marketing opportunities to promote HSBC’s leading position in emerging payments and digital currencies & assets agenda
- Client understanding
- Robust understanding of the wholesale payment client base, especially with regards to emerging payments and digital currencies & assets requirements
- Emerging payments landscape
- Keen appreciation and insights of digital currencies & assets market trends, competition offerings, potential disruptors, and evolving regulations and technologies
- Technology savvy
- Good knowledge of technologies including DLT, Blockchain, DeFi, AI/ML that drive new payment systems, digital central bank moneys, crypto currencies, and digital asset platforms Implementation experiences in one or more areas in API, distributed ledger technologies, and machine learning in a transaction banking context is a strong advantage
- Industry and market standards
- In depth understanding on industry standards, settlement message type and format used for B2B payments and wholesale settlement, including SWIFT, CLS and various PvP and DVP settlement models
- Familiarity with various settlement mechanisms for financial market products also an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively work in a diverse and multicultural team with remote working arrangement. Effective communicator across all levels, functional groups, and geographies
- Relevant experiences
- Minimum 10 years of experience in B2B/Wholesale Payments, Cash Management, or Transaction Banking required.
- Additional experience gained from DeFi, digital currencies & assets, central banks, stock and securities exchanges, FinTech’s, and wallet or card scheme settlement would be an advantage
- Language proficiencies
- Must have excellent English verbal and written communication skills, mastery of one or more Asian languages would be an advantage
Opening up a world of opportunity for our customers, investors, ourselves and the planet.
HSBC is a financial services organisation that serves more than 40 million customers, ranging from individual savers and investors to some of the world’s biggest companies and governments. It's network covers 63 countries and territories, and we’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up a world of opportunity for our customers.
HSBC is listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges.