As a NBFI Sales, you will be responsible for origination and execution of new business across the NBFI sector with strong expertise in insurance segment. The candidate needs to drive and ensure seamless execution of the growth strategy (inbound/outbound) for Singapore and regional markets.
As the non-bank financial institutions sector continues to show strong momentum across the APAC region, we are looking for a strong hunter to grow and develop Singapore NBFI Payment’s products sales & revenue. The candidate will lead the APAC Insurance segment in Payments, working closely with NBFI Sales in other countries in APAC, driving growth for Insurance segment in the region. The role will have regional accountability for certain strategically focused clients. Industry experience with an existing network within Singapore is preferred.
The candidate requires to be a strong team player who will work collaboratively with global, and regional stakeholders including Global Corporate Bank, Securities Services, Markets, Investment Banking, Investor Client Management and other Commercial and Investment Bank colleagues.
- Sales of the entire Payments product suite/solution, including treasury services which covers core cash clearing, liquidity management and foreign exchange solutions; and information management solutions to clients.
- Achieve new business goals, including the annual sales plan for self and the regional team at target margins by identifying prospects/opportunities, developing the approach/account and calling plans and engaging partners/ senior managers to influence prospective clients
- Think strategically and lead growth in Insurance segment for APAC, including sharing best practices with peers. Encourage outside of the square thinking to come up with new ideas for growing the business.
- Maintain an extensive network of internal partners to provide connectivity across the firm and promote cross regional collaboration.
- Understand the unique challenges and requirements in the industry/client segment and partner with internal stakeholders in the development, implementation and delivery of complex products and solutions
- Build trusted, long-term Payments business relationships by taking a holistic and forward-looking view on our relationships, and identifying ways to help clients achieve their most important business/treasury objectives. Demonstrate consistent optimism around the business and resiliency when faced with challenges.
- Managing and supervising the entire sales process; and engaging in client onboarding activities which include but not limited to client due diligence in accordance with J.P. Morgan’s internal guidelines in AML and KYCs. For certain clients, there will also be a requirement for the candidate to take ownership for Know Your Customer (KYC) records.
- Promote an effective operation risk environment including but not limited to accurate and timely renewals and completion of KYCs and other internal reporting /approval requirements
- Handle AML/Sanction related inquiry (RFIs) at both transactional or relationship levels; work with client and internal teams to smoothen the compliance investigations and screening
- Work as a team and provide leadership to organize and co-ordinate client events as to promote and strengthen J.P. Morgan’s franchise.
- Flexibility for travel when needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 8 or more years of Payments Sales experience, including experience in Insurance segment.
- Exceptional sales management experience in Treasury Services with established network and ability to build and develop client relationships, win and close new businesses
- Deep product/solution set knowledge (Cash, Liquidity, foreign exchange, information management) that are relevant to the market and demonstrated track record of success
- Have strong drive to ensure all facets of the business succeed and maintain financial rigor for the portfolio
- Understanding of the regulatory and compliance environment in the market with strong experience in AML/KYC risk and control process
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.