Edge primarily focuses sales efforts in the alternative investment space: hedge funds, private equity, new emerging financial clients and other entities with highly complex and demanding needs. This position will help drive the sales efforts and will work directly with the Senior Business Development Manager, Marketing Director, and CEO to refine the go-to-market strategy and pipeline for the target market, product positioning and key benefits communication and drive sales through B2B relationship building.
Edge requires a growth focused sales professional who has successfully created positive impact through year-on-year business expansion. Who understands and owns all phases of the sales cycle, including qualification, sales pursuit and close by applying deep sales process and technical expertise. Developing relationships with key buyers and decision-makers at new and existing clients as needed. This person will be part of a growing, diverse, vibrant, global community that pushes the boundaries of new business capabilities and emerging technologies and services. You will have the chance to thrive in an environment where your ideas are valued and your experiences are learned from.
- Identify, qualify, and win new business opportunities and grow strategic relationships
- Build and maintain a robust qualified pipeline of opportunities that align with Edge's strategic growth vision
- Appropriately forecast opportunities on a weekly and quarterly basis
- Assess the competitive landscape and lead the development and implementation of differentiated win strategies
- Support the capture and proposal development phases of the opportunity lifecycle by providing customer insights, solutioning support, and proposal writing
- Apply an in-depth understanding of IT services and solutions to address complex and strategic needs within target businesses
- Provide thorough and accurate insight into the strategic initiatives of potential customers and effectively communicate the value of Edge in their organization
- Represent Edge as a prime internal and external contact on new business pursuits
- Be able to utilize your excellent communication skills to interact with senior leadership and C-Level executives
- Take part in preparing, attending, and generating leads from client events and trade shows along with various outbound campaigns and networking
- Have a willingness to be a good teammate, working collaboratively and across borders to further company goals
- Model Edge values of integrity, honesty, engagement, responsibility, performance, security, and above all, Clients First.
- 5+ years of professional of consultative selling experience in IT Services, Strategy, FinTech and/or Capital Markets
- Ability to take a holistic and strategic view of the business process, leveraging a deep understanding of end-to-end business models and sales
- Experience with full sales cycle from proactively generating to qualifying and closing leads
- Proven record of accomplishment for successfully selling managed services to the Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies focusing on C-Level relationships
- Commercially focused and entrepreneurial
- Demonstrated commitment, teamwork and collaboration in a professional environment
- Knowledge of Tech and/or Digital space is required
- Preferred understanding of IT operations and infrastructure, networking technologies, and applications in a demanding managed services and support environment
- Must be a self-motivated, outcome driven individual with excellent organizational skills, and decision-making capabilities
- Experience working with typical sales tool sets, including Outlook, CRM, Excel, etc.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to influence, engage, and motivate others
- Track record of success in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple competing and often conflicting priorities
- Consistently meeting or exceeding assigned quotas and developing new customer leads, qualifying prospects and closing sales with the highest level of client satisfaction
- Possessing keen self-awareness and EQ
- Unquestionable professional integrity, credibility, and character
- Degree preferred
Edge Technology Group is a global consultancy and fully-managed IT service provider exclusively representing firms within financial services. Edge delivers immediate, flexible and proprietary solutions that satisfy the needs of Hedge Funds worldwide. The company’s products and services include IT Infrastructure, Managed Services, Edge Cloud: a fully managed Public/Hybrid/Private platform. Construction and Relocation, Support Services, Security Services, Network Engineering & Design, Voice & Telecommunications, CTO Advisory & Consultancy, Compliance Surveillance, Tier III, globally certified collocation and hosting and Disaster Recovery Services.
Edge has 9 locations across Europe, Asia and the US including London, Hong Kong, Singapore, New York, San Francisco, Austin, Sydney and a corporate office in Greenwich, CT.