As the Head of Engineering, you will lead our engineering department and help us build top-quality software products. You'll oversee our engineering team's day-to-day operations, manage engineers, and drive the technical strategy of the company.
- Collaborate with the CTO and other executive members to define and implement the company's technical strategy.
- Ensure alignment of engineering activities with company goals and objectives.
- Directly oversee teams of engineers, developers, and testers.
- Conduct performance reviews, hiring, and onboarding processes.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and innovation.
- Ensure the quality and technological integrity of the products and services.
- Oversee architecture decisions and ensure the consistency of the tech stack.
- Drive continuous improvement in software development practices and methodologies.
- Streamline engineering processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage resource allocation to ensure timely product delivery.
- Maintain a high standard of operational excellence, including security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability of the company's products.
- Coordinate with product, design, and marketing teams to ensure cohesion between the teams.
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors.
- A minimum of 10 years in software engineering.
- A minimum of 4 years in a leadership role, preferably in a large-scale tech company.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Broad understanding of software engineering principles, system architecture, and DevOps practices.
- Proficient in company’s main technology stack - .NET, Kubernetes, Docker, Angular, AWS
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and lead teams towards high performance.
- Ability to navigate complex situations and provide solutions that benefit all parties.
- Experience in FinTech, Financial Services, Crypto.
- MBA or other relevant post-graduate qualification.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Airwallex. At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
1stDigital is a digital asset focused trust, custody, financial technology company at the vanguard of the emerging digitalization of assets, where the full value for your worldly assets can finally unite like other digital data. Our best-in-class custodian and near-banking layer enables previously unattainable options for payments, asset management and access to products that can help enhance financial inclusion.
Our infrastructure – including FDUSD, Asia’s 1st home grown blockchain-based USD stable-coin – Developed to help economies, institutions and developers gain access to technology breakthroughs and capitalize on the digital evolution of finance, trust, and technology.