This is a newly created role within Airwallex and will be reporting directly to the Head of Product Design, a co-founder of the company.
Airwallex treats Content not as an isolated wording exercise but as an integral part of the end-to-end product experience. As a member of the Product Design Team, you would be working super closely with the company's Product Designers and Product Managers to develop and analyze our product initiatives, strategize and deliver the most effective communications for the product lines.
This initiative would not be easy given the multi-disciplinary nature of our financial products. As Airwallex as a company treats our product developments with the highest respect and regard, we consider your role to be effectively a Product Designer but your weapon of choice is words instead of graphics. You will be a part of the wider product design practice, working directly with our cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, marketing, sales etc. You will have exposure to global markets and gain a well-rounded skill set as a Content Strategist with business acumen and product sense.
As the first Content Strategist, you will be focused on global and local experiences. You’ll be responsible for many things, including:
- Shaping the tone, language, and design system for current and future product offerings.
- Working on feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, and education.
- Contributing to and implementing style guides and shared content framework across Airwallex services.
- Converging customer goals, business requirements, and brand values.
- Boiling down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling interface copy.
- Collaborating with designers to uncover and solve UI challenges.
- Addressing feedback and improving the performance of our content.
- Spending time with domain experts and localization teams to ensure content appears properly for every audience.
- Working with cross-functional partners and senior leadership to understand the boundaries of what’s possible, and pushing from there.
- Crafting product content and documentation to help internal and external audiences better understand our capabilities.
- 4+ years of writing experience and knowledge of design principles.
- Effectively BA/BS or equivalent experience preferred.
- Bilingual (English & Chinese) is a bonus but not compulsory.
- Are interested in the current and future states of financial technology, both globally and locally.
- Have an unrelenting passion for user-focused product experiences.
- Are adept at advocating for users while simultaneously understanding the interests and importance of privacy, security, anti-fraud, marketing, and engineering.
- Are curious about every piece of a user journey, from error states to success criteria.
- Know how to work with — and influence — wireframes and functional specs.
- Oscillate between left- and right-brained writing, from storytelling to systematic thinking.
- Develop well-informed points of view, while also remaining willing to adjust them based on input from others.
- Can write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
- Think long-term, but act quickly.
- Are comfortable managing several projects simultaneously.
- Have inexhaustible attention to detail.
- As the first Content Strategist / UX Writer at Airwallex, you will help create the foundation for future Content frameworks.
You should include these in your application
- Your CV
- A link to your past work or 1-3 UX writing samples
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a payments platform transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally.
In today’s fast-changing digital era, our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow without borders, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy. With technology at our core, we built a global financial infrastructure to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
In just five years since we were founded, Airwallex has grown to become Australia’s fastest-growing fintech unicorn and a well-funded international technology leader backed by world-leading investors. The leadership, innovation and scale have been recognised and awarded by leading independent authorities, such as listing in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020 and placing in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row.
To support Airwallex's ambitious growth plans, it is looking to expand our global teams with smart, driven, and passionate individuals who are excited about joining our rocketship and taking on the challenge of a lifetime.