Our infrastructure – including FDUSD, Asia's 1st home grown blockchain-based USD stable-coin – Developed to help economies, institutions and developers gain access to technology breakthroughs and capitalize on the digital evolution of finance, trust, and technology.First Digital Trust ("FDT") is looking for a pragmatic and highly motivated Compliance Lead to join our rapidly growing company. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the incumbent will act as the organization-wide focal point for the oversight of all activities relating to the prevention and detection of ML/TF and lead the team that handles various financial, regulatory, and exchange of financial account information compliance matters. As a compliance leader, the incumbent will serve as CO&MLRO, assume ownership and accountability of the compliance function and have the level of authority, independence, and support to impose expectations and define outcomes. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a genuine interest in compliance, a "can-do" attitude, and an aptitude to overcome challenges by utilizing technology in novel and creative ways.
- Leading and executing a risk-based AML/CTF compliance program to ensure ongoing compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Implementation and oversight of all aspects of AML/CTF systems, including monitoring effectiveness and enhancing the controls and procedures where necessary
- Acting as designated MLRO, reviewing internal reports of suspicious transactions, filing STRs as needed, and maintaining all records relating to such matters
- Serving as the primary point of contact for compliance communications and requests from our partner financial institutions, JFIU, law enforcement agencies, and any other competent authorities
- Monitoring the regulatory/compliance landscape across jurisdictions and provide support and guidance to the senior management to ensure that ML/TF risks are adequately managed
- Owning other compliance aspects, such as requirements under the DTROPO, the OSCO, and the UNATMO, exchange of financial account information for tax purposes (AEoI and FATCA), and data privacy compliance
- Managing a team of compliance managers and analysts spanning all skill levels
- Providing day-to-day compliance support and issue resolution to cross-functional teams and serving as the primary subject matter expert for new initiatives and projects
- Interacting with Product and Engineering teams in active feedback loops to design scalable and compliant technology-driven financial services with built-in AML/CTF systems
- Lead and manage licensing applications across various overseas jurisdictions, including researching licensing requirements, preparing and submitting supporting documents and related filings
- Promote a culture of compliance within the organization by continuously guiding and coaching staff concerning ML/TF and financial crime risks
- Additional compliance and risk management responsibilities, as needed.
- BS or BA required; law degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years of compliance experience, incl. 3-5+ years of experience in a decision-making function (e.g., Head of Compliance, MLRO, or similar)
- First-hand experience running very efficient compliance processes at scale (B2B), including using automation, external tools, without relying on outsourcing
- Financial institutions background (preferably in the fintech & digital assets industry) is strongly preferred, but exceptions can be made for people with an exceptional track record in compliance
- Excellent verbal & written English language skills
- Experience with international taxation will be a plus
- Experience with internal control will be a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. First Digital Trust reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
1stDigital is a digital asset focused trust, custody, financial technology company at the vanguard of the emerging digitalization of assets, where the full value for your worldly assets can finally unite like other digital data. Our best-in-class custodian and near-banking layer enables previously unattainable options for payments, asset management and access to products that can help enhance financial inclusion.