Launch of DIT Hong Kong FinTech Awards 2017by Fintech News Hong Kong October 9, 2017
The Department for International Trade launched the DIT Hong Kong FinTech Awards 2017 .
The Awards offer businesses an exciting opportunity to explore one of the world’s leading FinTech eco-systems in the UK and get connected to potential clients, peers and investors. The Awards aim to promote the UK as an attractive location for Hong Kong’s FinTech companies to invest in whilst providing a fertile environment for local start-ups and entrepreneurs.
The UK is home to one of the world’s leading FinTech hubs. It has continued to grow, exceeding £6.6 billion in revenue and employing over 61,000 people. UK FinTech companies also attracted £500m worth of investment in the first half of 2017, up 37% on 2016.
Two winners of the DIT Hong Kong FinTech Awards will be awarded a subsidised five-day bespoke programme in the UK, with complimentary return flights, accommodation and access to a global FinTech event. The winners, as well as three runners-up, will enjoy a dinner with the British Consul-General to Hong Kong and Macau at the Consul-General’s Residence with VIPs from our sponsors and partners.
To enter the competition, companies must be:
- Headquartered in Hong Kong or China without a current office in the UK.
- At least one year old.
- A financial technology company with an interest in future business growth opportunities in the UK.
Eligible companies are invited to submit a 3 to 5 paged business plan outlining the strengths and competencies in the following areas:
- Market growth potential
- Team’s experience and background
- Prospect for growth in the UK
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com on or before 31st October, 2017. Applications will be vetted by sector experts and DIT specialists. Winners will be announced by the end of November 2017 at the DIT FinTech Award Ceremony.
For more information, visit: http://bit.ly/2fN951c
- Applications are open on 21st September 2017. Deadline of submission is 31st October 2017. The Award Ceremony will take place by the end of November 2017, details of which will be announced.
- Candidate companies must be headquartered in either Hong Kong or China without a current office in the UK. They must be at least one year old and have plans to establish a presence in the UK.
- The two Grand Prizes include:
- A subsidised 5-day bespoke programme in the UK with return flights, accommodation and free access to a global FinTech event.
The Winners and Three Runners-up Prizes include:
- Dinner with the British Consul-General to Hong Kong and Macau at the Consul-General’s Residence with VIPs from our sponsors and partners.
- Entitlement to use the FinTech Awards winners’ logo for the company’s marketing materials
- The applications submitted will be judged by a group of sector experts and DIT specialists.
- For any enquiries, please contact DIT Hong Kong Marketing Manager, Tiffany Lee at +852 29013361 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured image via pixabay